DRIVE PROJECTS BASED UPON SCIENTIFIC FACT AND SHARE THE RESULTS, KNOWLEDGE AND ACTIONS
- Understand the river and salmon population through research, monitoring and data collection.
- Influence government projects to better reflect the interests of the salmon angling community.
- Target funding and resources towards research benefit the salmon angling community.
- Undertake a range of monitoring and data gathering activities.
- Develop a single online resource for the sharing of seasonal and long-term data, relevant to fishery interests.
ENCOURAGE AND SUPPORT ANGLING COMMUNITY IN MAINTAINING AND IMPROVING OUR RIVER
- Establish and offer a free initial desk top advice service for application within salmon fisheries on the River Wye.
- Work with beat owners to identify fishery recovery work.
- Assist development of projects including approvals & volunteer manpower
ASSIST IN STEWARDSHIP AND PROTECTION OF OUR RIVER
- Formation of a local custodianship based warden system.
- Protection of the river from license evasion, poaching and pollution.
- A model for protecting the river in a transparent way, reporting and forcing action.
RAISE FUNDS FOR PROJECTS AGREED BY MEMBERS OF BENEFIT TO THE RIVER ITS SALMON AND ANGLING COMMUNITY
- Continue to assess potential for outside funding to assist with future research projects.
- Working with established operators to apply for research funding.
- Application of private and public funding for research and monitoring.
LONG-TERM GOAL IS TO SEE GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT REPLACED BY A TRUST OR RIVER BOARD.
- Control of the strategic and day-to-day management of the river from government.
- Private sector interests for effective management.